Along with the wave of 70s influences – neck scarves are going to be big this season. We’re expecting to see the neck tie as the ultimate accessory to grace the LFW crowd. To get a piece of the action yourself, we’ve put together 8 of the best ways to wear your scarf.
Remember there’s more than one way to wear a scarf.
- Classic Side Tie – probably the most popular way to wear a neck scarf for bloggers and street stylers alike. Go for nautical vibes with red or blue polka dots and a neutral shirt or jumper. Add a leather jacket like Lucy Williams (below) for an extra edge.
2. The loose front tie – works well with bigger and classically sized scarves. Adds a touch of femininity to a trouser suit.
3. Wrist Tie – This is a great alternative if you’ve overkilled the neck tie, you can also get away with brighter more statement prints – an easy peasy way to add a pop of interest to any ensemble.
4. The looped tie – Great for longer scarves and make use of the extra material while avoiding bulk. For extra, extra style cudos, kill it like Leandra Meadine (below) – leave your hair tucked in and wear over layers of fine chains and jewels.
5. Bag Tie – This one’s been around a while, but if it ain’t broke…. Easy way to add a style twist to your beloved handbag/
6. Tucked in Neckerchief – Channeling old gentry’s leisure wear – this is an easy peasy to give your shirt and jeans combo a style update.
7. The Cowgirl – Simply swish the triangle corner to the front.
8. The Choker – Wrap around tightly and tie at back. Feminine and subtle, this style requires a softer material and the right length.
If you’re now inspired to try for yourself, find our scarf picks from our 200 top retailers including Topshop, ASOS and House of Fraser below.